Current vacancies at ArtReview:
Lifestyle Advertising Director
Founded in 1949 and dedicated to expanding contemporary art’s audience and reach, ArtReview is one of the world’s leading international contemporary art magazines. ArtReview and its sister magazine ArtReview Asia, speak to a worldwide audience of collectors, artists, gallery owners and directors, curators, art educators and students, as well as an art-engaged public.
We are looking for a Lifestyle Advertising Director to join our team. In this role you’ll be tasked to maximize the revenue potential of lifestyle, luxury and fashion brand revenue streams by partnering with new and existing clients.
You’ll build and deliver a sales strategy that brings out the synergies between lifestyle, luxury and the fashion sectors and the contemporary artworld. You’ll report and manage the print and digital advertising stream in your sectors in accordance the magazine’s business objectives. Working collaboratively with the Commercial Director, the rest of the Commercial Team and the Editorial Team is a key part of the position in order to maximize profitable revenue.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To sell personally at the most senior level and at decision-making level to clients, advertising, PR & sales promotion agencies to capitalize on all print and digital revenue opportunities
- To report print and digital forecasts to the Commercial Director weekly against annual budgets and issue-by-issue forecasts
- To deliver strategic and conceptual presentation to senior level clients and agencies
- To maintain a high profile with key clients, agencies and PRs, within the core market sectors of the brand and attending all key client, agency and industry functions.
- To negotiate high value or complex business arrangements with customers or suppliers of a long-term nature, developing new approaches and propositions based on negotiating experience.
- To assist with and contribute to the preparation of the budgets and strategies in conjunction with the Commercial Director and Editor-in-Chief
- Consumer press experience
- Excellent market knowledge of lifestyle, luxury and fashion brands and brand priorities
- Strong experience of selling both print and digital advertising as well as low level partnerships
- Knowledge and understanding of print flatplans and experience of working with senior staff to deliver what’s best for business.
- Experience of forecasting and contributing to print and digital budget process
- Adaptable style to work well with a diverse group of stakeholders including creative partnerships, editorial, marketing, digital operations and finance.
- Strong sales skills
- Works well under pressure
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to multi-tash and effectively prioritise
- Collaborative and inclusive way of working